I spend a lot of time in my car, throughout the week, traveling from courthouse to courthouse. So, I have learned over the years to use that time being productive and maximizing efficiency. But, there are times when I just don’t want to be productive or efficient! I just need a break from it all! That is when I slip into my fantasy world of being a superstar. LOL! Yes, I pump up the music and sing as though my life depended on it. No, I cannot sing at all. But, who cares. In my fantasy world, I am Beyonce’ performing for thousands!
My concert performances vary based upon my mood. But, there are a couple of songs that I always seem to return to, no matter what:
6. Tru by Lloyd. I recently added this to my list because it is a great song about overcoming the trials and tribulations of stumbling.
5. He Won’t Go by Adele. Adele is just the bomb!
4. Pieces of Me by Ledisi. This is the ultimate woman song.
3. Halo by Beyonce. This love song just makes me so excited about all of the rewards of falling in love.
2. So Amazing by Luther Vandross. I don’t even need to explain why this is one of my all-time favorites.
1. Fool for You by Alice Smith. I saw her sing this song on Black Girls Rock a couple of years ago with so much passion I could feel it coming through the television. This is my ultimate love song because it exudes all of the passion I think a woman should have for her man.
So, chances are, if you have ever been driving down the country roads of eastern North Carolina and happened upon a lady who is bouncing around in her seat, with a big smile on her face, singing as though her life depended on it, you and I have crossed paths. 🙂 Next time, turn that volume up and join me!
Share some of your favorite songs with me! I am always looking for new music to add to my concert performance.
Peace and Love